Video Porsche Boxster 25 Aniversario 400 cv: edición limitada celebrando el cuarto de siglo

Tema en 'Foro General BMW' iniciado por cybermad, 13 Ene 2021.

1. Sechs

Sechs CEO DOS CFA Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Fardier Cugnot
    La madre... 25 años :facepalm: A mi me parece un coche casi recién lanzado :LOL:

A Tizon le gusta esto.
  2. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Muy bonito el detalle de la capota con Boxster 25 y el tapón, minuto 1:20

Última edición: 16 Ene 2021
  3. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Limited-edition model: Boxster 25 years

Porsche is celebrating the 25th birthday of its roadster family with an anniversary model: the Boxster 25 years.

The limited edition is restricted to 1,250 units worldwide and is based on the GTS 4.0 model (718 Boxster GTS 4.0: Fuel consumption combined 10.8 - 9.6 l/100 km, CO2 emissions combined 246 - 219 g/km), which is powered by a 4.0-litre six-cylinder boxer engine with 294 kW (400 PS). It makes reference to numerous design features of the Boxster concept car that heralded the success story of the open-top two-seater at the 1993 Detroit Motor Show. The production version was launched in 1996 with hardly any changes in its visual appearance and is now in its fourth generation after production of more than 357,000 units.

Static shots of the Boxster 25 years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the most striking features of the special model is the reinterpreted colour Neodyme, a copper-like shimmering brown, which provided an exciting contrast to the basic GT Silver Metallic colour on the pioneering 1993 showpiece. In the special edition, it is used on the front apron, the side air intakes with mono bar as well as for the lettering and the two-tone 20-inch alloy wheels. Porsche is offering the Boxster 25 years in GT Silver Metallic although Deep Black Metallic and Carrara White Metallic are also available. Another striking element can be found on the fuel filler cap, which is enhanced by Porsche script from the Exclusive Design range. This shines in an aluminium look as do the high-gloss tailpipes of the sports exhaust system while the windscreen surround is finished in contrasting Black.

Detail shots of the Boxster 25 years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/4
    In keeping with the style of the historic original, the special model combines a Bordeaux leather interior with a red fabric convertible top. The convertible top bears embossed Boxster 25 lettering. Both are also available in Black. An interior package in Aluminium, 14-way electrically adjustable sports seats, door sill trims with “Boxster 25" lettering and the heated GT multifunction sports leather steering wheel are just some of the features on the new model’s extended standard equipment list.

The interior of the Boxster 25 years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The power plant of the anniversary edition offers pure exhilaration: the 4.0-litre flat-six engine of the 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 is also used as a higher-power variant in the purist 718 Spyder. With effortless response, exceptional power delivery and a rich sound, the high-revving 294 kW (400 PS; Boxster 25 years: Fuel consumption combined 10.8 – 9.6 l/100 km, CO2 emissions combined 246 – 219 g/km) naturally aspirated engine guarantees an especially emotive driving experience. Porsche is offering the Boxster 25 years with a manual six-speed transmission and a seven-speed Porsche dual-clutch transmission (PDK).

4. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    The Boxster 25 years on the road

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The special-edition model reaches a top speed of 293 km/h and, in combination with the PDK gearbox and standard Sport Chrono package, sprints from zero to 100 km/h in four seconds. Other standard features include Porsche Active Suspension Management sports suspension (PASM), which is 10 millimetres lower, and Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) with mechanical limited-slip differential. They combine remarkable ride comfort and sporty, dynamic handling.

A quarter century of driving pleasure: the Boxster family turns 25
    The Boxster has a very special meaning for Porsche as it marked a re-orientation of the sports car manufacturer’s model strategy and provided a way forward during the difficult economic times of the mid-1990s. This was reflected in the first water-cooled production flat-six engine and also in the intelligent carry-over parts concept that made its debut with the agile mid-engined roadster. This concept was incorporated into the 996 generation 911, which was launched a year later, and made it possible for Porsche to return to profitable production.

The attractively priced two-seater captured the hearts of new, younger customers right from the start. In terms of looks, it incorporated features of the already renowned history of the brand. The visual appearance of the Boxster concept car shown in Detroit evoked images of the legendary 550 Spyder and the 718 RS 60 Spyder racing car. It was received so well in January 1993 that the Porsche Executive Board intervened in the ongoing design development of the production model and ordered, without further ado: “Build the concept car just like that”. As time would tell, it was a wise decision.

A carpal y Gudus les gusta esto.
  5. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    The Boxster sports car concept: trendsetting design and clever detailed solutions
    01/14/2021

In 1993, the Porsche Boxster faced its first and biggest test: the public unveiling of the concept car at the Detroit Motor Show.

A portmanteau of “boxer” and “roadster”, the Boxster name covers both the vehicle category and the boxer engine – the outstanding technical feature that had characterised the 356 since 1948 and the Porsche 911 since 1963.

Grant Larson, today Director Special Projects, was responsible for designing the concept car. The designer remembers: “In October 1991 – I was responsible at the time for advance development in the Design department – I visited the Tokyo Motor Show. Audi presented the Avus Quattro concept car there. At the end of 1991, series development of the Boxster and the 996 was already taking place in other areas, and we decided to build a show car. I had full freedom as regards design. All drafts were produced as 2D drawings. So, not on a screen like today.

Design sketches of the Boxster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/10
    “My boss, Harm Lagaaij, really pushed me on the design, above all as regards the detailed forms. We were lucky that we could call on Peter Müller, a fantastic modeller. Instead of using coordinates in the usual way, he worked only with my drawings. Freehand, as it were. We had originally planned to present our concept car in Geneva in spring 1993. But we decided on Detroit in January because we did not want to waste any time. What is more, our focus with the roadster was on the US market, where Porsche was weak at the time, and where Mazda with its Miata and BMW with the Z1 were already present in the roadster segment.”

"We had originally planned to present our concept car in Geneva in spring 1993. But we decided on Detroit in January because we did not want to waste any time."Grant Larson
    With the “Boxster” sports car concept designed by Larson, Porsche continued the technical development of its earlier Spyder, Speedster and Roadster sports cars, and intentionally included references to the 550 Spyder and the 718 RS 60 from the 1950s. The mid-engine concept, short body overhang at the rear, front end extending well beyond the front axle and centrally positioned exhaust tailpipe: all these were characteristic features of both the forebears and the concept car. Distinctive air intakes and air outlet openings were important design elements, as were the headlights with innovative lighting technology and also the tail lights and direction indicators. The interior was designed to match, with metal painted in the exterior colour used on the door panels, instrument carrier and centre console.

986 Boxster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1/7
    The “Boxster” received an overwhelmingly positive response from the public and experts, and this did not remain without consequences for development. Grant Larson: “Shortly after the presentation in Detroit, we were instructed to stop series design development for the Boxster immediately. The instruction instead was: “Please build the concept exactly like that”.”

6. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  7. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
  8. Tizon

Tizon Coordinador Coordinador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Tracer 9GT
    EL coche es precioso, pero veo demasiado cargado de Rojo el interior..

9. Csar

Csar #noeslomismo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vito/Tmax/140i
    Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club Unete a BMW FAQ Club
    Me parece impresionante la combinación del plata con llantas y algún detalle en ese dorado mate. Brutal! Yo también cambiaría capota e interior por marrón chocolate :love:

A Gudus y Tizon les gusta esto.
  10. JANS

JANS Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    430 xdrive
    Aunque no sea tan exclusivo ni tan nuevo, estoy enamorado del mío, creo que el Boxster es un buen producto.
    [​IMG]
    Saludos

carpal, ENRI-57, MACO y 3 otros les gusta esto.
  11. Tizon

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Tracer 9GT
    Como para no estarlo :love:

A Csar y JANS les gusta esto.
  12. Csar

Csar #noeslomismo Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Vito/Tmax/140i

Efectivamente como para no estarlo! Que si no es tan bueno te mando una dirección rápido :LOL:

Que lo rompas con salud, es acojonante!

A Tizon y JANS les gusta esto.
  13. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    La generación más bonita, especialmente el culo... el de los 718 no me gusta nada.

14. MACO

MACO Hay un mundo mejor, pero es carísimo!! Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    510 POTROSGREEN
    ¡Como para no estarlo! Abusón :geek::LOL:

15. JANS

JANS Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    430 xdrive
    Respecto al 718 coincido con @cybermad que la parte trasera no es tan limpia como la del 981, pero a mi no me disgusta.
    Gracias a tod@s por los piropos...

A Csar y Tizon les gusta esto.
  16. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Mi sueño húmedo es un 981 Spyder :hungry:

A JANS le gusta esto.
  17. JANS

JANS Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    430 xdrive
    Aunque no lleve chapita de 25 aniversario!!!!
    S2

A Tizon le gusta esto.
  18. juaesgi

juaesgi Forista

Me Gusta:
    En un mundo donde si no eres de A debes de ser de B, no puedes ser de C (Por decirlo de alguna manera), en el que a través de la publicidad se generan sentimientos cada vez más confrontados y distantes entre personas,.......... me parece un acierto, que desde el Dpto. de Marketing de la marca (Porsche en este caso, pero podía haber sido cualquier otra), se haya elegido este anuncio para publicitar el modelo. La verdad, chapó, me gusta mucho la "historia" y todo lo que transmite.

A JANS y Tizon les gusta esto.
  19. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    En 1996, Porsche comenzó a producir el automóvil que revitalizaría a la empresa al ofrecer a los clientes un motor de 201 hp de montaje central en un roadster de dos asientos más barato que el 911.

Hace 25 años, Porsche volvió a poner un bóxer en un descapotable y eso salvó a la empresa

22 de enero de 2021

Todo comenzó hace 30 años cuando el fabricante de automóviles alemán tenía problemas económicos. La apuesta que hizo con el 928 no dio sus frutos, con ventas muy por debajo de las expectativas; eso significaba que el futuro del próximo 968 tampoco se veía demasiado brillante.

El viejo 911 apenas mantenía viva a la compañía, por lo que los jefes decidieron construir un roadster de motor central completamente nuevo que reemplazaría a los modelos fallidos y ofrecería a los clientes un Porsche asequible.

Combinando las palabras "boxer" y "roadster", las mentes creativas de Stuttgart crearon el nombre Boxster. A finales de 1991, el desarrollo ya había comenzado, con ingenieros trabajando en el tren motriz y los equipos de diseño elaborando conceptos de la carrocería.

[​IMG]
    Entre los ocupados con el trabajo de bocetos se encontraba Grant Larson, quien había visitado el Salón del Automóvil de Tokio a principios de ese año y se inspiró en el concepto Avus de Audi.

A Harm Lagaaij, el jefe del departamento de diseño en ese momento, le gustaron los primeros bocetos de Larson y le dio a él y a su equipo total libertad para diseñar un auto de exhibición que se usaría para probar la viabilidad de un roadster de motor central.

El resultado fue un automóvil conceptual que incorporó señales de diseño inspiradas en el 550 Spyder y el 718 RS 60 de la década de 1950. Tenía voladizos traseros cortos, un escape colocado en el centro y una parte delantera que se extendía mucho más allá del eje. Otros elementos de diseño distintivos fueron las tomas y salidas de aire, los innovadores faros, luces traseras y el interior futurista.

[​IMG]
    Cuando debutó en el Salón Internacional del Automóvil de Norteamérica de 1993 en Detroit, recibió críticas abrumadoramente positivas tanto de la prensa como del público.

De vuelta a casa en Alemania, se detuvo un nuevo diseño conceptual y la compañía se apresuró a poner en producción el concepto de Larsson.

Durante este proceso, se realizaron varias modificaciones de diseño que dieron como resultado el Boxster que conocemos hoy. Varios componentes tuvieron que ser rediseñados debido a problemas de montaje, pero en 1994, Porsche ya estaba probando varios prototipos.

La producción en serie del 986 Boxster comenzó a mediados de 1996, y el modelo base recibió una versión de baja cilindrada del seis cilindros de 3.4 litros que se encuentra en el próximo 911 (996) .

El motor en cuestión era un seis cilindros refrigerado por agua de 2.5 litros que se volvería notoriamente problemático a lo largo de los años, pero en una forma completamente funcional, era capaz de entregar 201 hp (150 kW ) de pura alegría.

En 2005 se lanzó la segunda generación, con más potencia y con un diseño inspirado en el Carrera GT. Un año después, se presentó al público la versión cupé llamada Cayman.

El modelo recibió otra actualización en 2012 que incluyó muchas mejoras y un lenguaje de diseño que alejó al Boxster y al Cayman del 911.

[​IMG]
    En 2016, los autos se convirtieron en el 718 Boxster y el 718 Cayman y soportaron la pérdida del seis cilindros de aspiración natural en favor de un cuatro cilindros turboalimentado.

Afortunadamente, Porsche ahora ofrece las variantes GTS 4.0, que, como su nombre indica, obtienen un seis cilindros de 4.0 litros que desarrolla 394 hp (294 kW).

El tiempo pasó rápidamente y el Boxter sigue siendo uno de los roadsters más populares que existen, veinticinco años después de que salió de la línea de montaje. Pasará a la historia como el modelo que impulsó un cambio financiero y salvó a Porsche.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In 1996, Porsche started producing the car that would revitalize the company by offering customers a mid-mounted, 201 hp engine in a two-seat roadster cheaper than the 911.

25 Years Ago, Porsche Put a Boxer in a Roadster Again and That Saved the Company
    22 Jan 2021

It all started 30 years ago when the German carmaker was struggling financially. The gamble it took with the 928 was not paying off, with sales falling way below expectations; that meant that the future of the upcoming 968 wasn’t looking too bright either.

The aging 911 was barely keeping the company alive, so the head honchos decided to build a completely new mid-engine roadster that would replace the unsuccessful models while offering customers an affordable Porsche.

Combining the words ‘boxer’ and ‘roadster’, the creative minds in Stuttgart came up with the name Boxster. By the end of 1991, development had already begun, with engineers working on the powertrain and the design teams drawing up concepts of the bodywork.

Among those busy with sketch work was Grant Larson, who had visited the Tokyo Motor Show earlier that year and was inspired by Audi’s Avus concept.

Harm Lagaaij, the head of the design department at that time, liked Larson’s early sketches and gave him and his team full freedom to design a show car that would be used to test the feasibility of a mid-engine roadster.

The result was a concept car that incorporated design cues inspired by 550 Spyder and the 718 RS 60 from the 1950s. It had short rear overhangs, a centrally placed exhaust, and a front end that stretched well beyond the axle. Other distinctive design elements were the air intakes and outlets, the innovative headlights, taillights, and the futuristic interior.

When it debuted at the 1993 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, it was met with overwhelmingly positive reviews from both the press and the public.

Back home in Germany, a further conceptual design was halted, and the company hurried to put Larsson’s concept into production.

During this process, several design alterations were made that resulted in the Boxster we know today. Several components had to be redesigned due to fitment issues, but by 1994, Porsche was already testing several prototypes.

Series production of the 986 Boxster began in mid-1996, and the base model was given a low displacement version of the 3.4-liter flat-six found in the upcoming 911 (996).

The engine in question was a 2.5-liter water-cooled six-cylinder that would become notoriously problematic over the years, but in fully functional form, it was capable of delivering 201 hp (150 kW) of pure joy.

In 2005 the second generation was released, packing more power and showcasing a design inspired by the Carrera GT. One year later, the coupe version named Cayman was introduced to the public.

The model received another refresh in 2012 that featured many improvements and a design language that distanced the Boxster and Cayman for the 911.

In 2016, the cars became the 718 Boxster and 718 Cayman and endured the loss of the naturally aspirated flat-six in favor of a turbocharged flat-four.

Fortunately, Porsche now offers the GTS 4.0 variants, which, as the name suggests, get a 4.0-liter six-cylinder that develops 394 hp (294 kW).

Time flew quickly, and the Boxter still remains one of the hottest roadsters out there, twenty-five years after it rolled off the assembly line. It will go down in history as the model that fueled a financial turnaround and saved Porsche.

A Tizon le gusta esto.
  20. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Pues si, y el vídeo que han hecho con la historia del Boxster también es muy bueno :pompous:

A juaesgi le gusta esto.
  21. JANS

JANS Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    430 xdrive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Quizá el Negro se adapte mejor a tu gusto..
    Un saludo

A Tizon le gusta esto.
  22. Tizon

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Tracer 9GT
    :love::love::love:;) ande va a parar :D :D

A JANS le gusta esto.
  23. cybermad

cybermad Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Z3 2.8 / GR86
    Muy bonito :finga:

24. Antago

Antago Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    320d 2005
    Justo este verano pasado mi padre se ha regalado un 2.5 986 de los primeros, de 1998 creo. Jamás pensamos que tendríamos un Porsche aparcado en el garaje, pero ahí está, todavía no nos lo creemos. Sin duda, soñábamos con un E30 cabrio o un Z3 pero ante la burbuja de estos modelos, el 986 se acabó imponiendo como una bendita opción.

Una maravilla, un coche que se conduce.

A ver si me curro un buen post y lo presento.

A jangel y JANS les gusta esto.
  25. jangel

jangel Clan Leader Coordinador

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Hormigonera
    En la compra de nuevo con lo que hay que alicatar, estaría luego tirándome de los pelos al ver un 911

26. JANS

JANS Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    430 xdrive
    Aunque ya nos ponemos en cantidades que pueden resultar “cercanas” a un 911, los compradores no tienen porque tirarse de los pelos, cada uno tiene su mercado..
    Algunos queremos llevar el motor en el sitio que hay que llevarlo...ja,ja,ja...

27. jangel

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Hormigonera
    si lo que buscas en un bóxter no hay duda claro jejeje

28. Gudus

Gudus Forista Senior Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Greta approved
    Un gt4 o un spyder lo dejas muy decente por menos de 130k € (pvp)

29. jangel

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Hormigonera
    Un gt4 es un concepto muy diferente a un 911 o un Boxter

30. *NANO*

*NANO* Clan Leader

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    LFA,MC12,F1
    ¿Alicatar? Si viene super equipado!

Cuero extendido, asientos deportivos eléctricos, volante GT calefactable, PASM, PTV, llanta 20, pack Sport Chrono...

A Gudus le gusta esto.

Compartir esta página