Help!!! Inter-Atlantica Alpina

Tema en 'Clásicos BMW.' iniciado por Brendan2002, 6 Dic 2007.

1. Brendan2002

Brendan2002 Guest

Sorry,

no hablo Espanol.

I am trying to find the history of my 1972 BMW Alpina from Inter-Atlantica Comercial, S.A., Madrid. Avenida Jose Antonio 67.

The car appears to have been sold to an American in January 1976, but I do not know why the car was so late to sell. Does anyone know if this company still exists?

You can see pictures of my car at:

2002 Bmw Alpina Side View Photo

All information appreciated. Thank you

Brendan

2. snatching

snatching Forista Legendario

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E21 & F800S
  3. snatching

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E21 & F800S
    Sorry, this picture was made in the 1969´s salon del automovil in barcelona, the company was a local dealer (import auto) in madrid, you´re right.

4. Brendan2002

Brendan2002 Guest

Hello,

the car is a US model, purchased by an American in Spain from Inter-Atlantica. The car appears to have been brought to Spain in 1975. I just can't account for all of its time. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Brendan

5. snatching

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E21 & F800S
    The name of this street was avenida de jose antonio after the civil war and during the next 40 years.

The actual name is Gran vía, and there´s a bank office instead of a bmw dealer.

6. snatching

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E21 & F800S
    My bmw was purchased by an american in USA and brought to spain in 1981.

It´s a similar story but your car looks better ;-))))

7. snatching

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    E21 & F800S
  8. Brendan2002

Brendan2002 Guest

Thank you sir for your help and information.

I will try to find more information about my car from Alpina, or perhaps the original owner if he is still alive. I only have the Alpina build sheets, a letter from Alpina authorizing Inter-Atlantica as the exclusive agent in Spain, and an importation document and bill-of-sale from Inter-Atlantica to the original owner. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who worked at Inter-Atlantica at the time, it would be appreciated. I am selling my car and the potential owner wants to know if the car was assembled in Spain or Germany. The documents are not clear on this matter. Best Regards

9. Pedro G

Pedro G Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Varios BMW
    Snatching for president! or at minimum as foeringer moderator!

Saludations guis.

10. Moggul

Moggul Guest

Hello Brendan,

The car definitely was not assembled in Spain. Although BMW 2002s were assembled at the time in Portugal as CKD kits, this was never the case at in Spain

The Spanish rules for importing foreign cars at that time were very strict and the domestic production was tightly controlled by the state (There was still a dictatorship in place until 1975)

Imports were subject to an import quota, so the first owner of your car will probably be either famous or wealthy, or both. If you know the Spanish license plate number you could go to the Spanish DMV (DIRECCIÓN GENERAL DE TRÁFICO) and get the details from its owner. Probably you will need to go in person or hire someone as there is no online service.

As to the import company, it probably disappeared or evolved into a BMW dealer.

Just ask if we can help you further with this.

11. fdovargas

fdovargas En Practicas

Me Gusta:
    Moggul, es claro que Brendan sabe que el coche es ensamblado en Alemania, no es un CKD de Portugal. Este coche fue enviado a Inter-Atlantica de Madrid para ser modificado por ALPINA, y la pregunta de Brendan se refiere a: Si las modificaciones ALPINA fueron hechas en Alemania, o si por el contrario fueron hechas por InterAtlantica en Madrid, con autorizacion de ALPINA, ya que ellos eran distribuidores de automoviles, motores y accesorios de ALPINA

12. Nicolaas

Nicolaas

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    Ford Kuga
    Dear Brendan,
    I don't know of you are still interested but this is wat I know.
    Inter Atlántica was the official BMW representatieve for Spain by that time. The showroom and Office was in the Avenida de Madrid and the service in Calle Carthagena round the corner. In Barcelona was a representatieve close to the expositionterrain with owner José Keldenich. Importing BMW cars was licenced by that time. Perhaps 10 cars a year were allowed and only for the very rich people. Sometimes a car was sold to the highest bidder. Import for high embassiespersonel was free with special licenceplates. After a few years they could import the car and sell it for big money. A BMW Alpina car was send direct from München to the Alpina factory in Bovensiepen. From there the car was picked up by the cliënt himself, send by train to Spain or driven to Spain. An other trick was buy one on the Canarian Islands and left it there for 2 years. Than you could import it to the mainland. That's why you saw many BMW cars with plates TF and GC. I have driven to Spain special Alpina cars for rallyriders and also rightsteeringcars BMW from Antwerp to Spain. Once a year there was the Barcelona Fair where a few cars were allowed to import. If you like to hear more please let me know. If you prefer I can do that in Spanish.

13. saicaman

saicaman Forista Legendario Moderador Miembro del Club

Me Gusta:
    Modelo:
    BMWs
    Me temo que Brendan ya no faquea. No sé si desde 2007 habrá vuelto a aparecer por estos lares.

A rom65, tuki y ZETO les gusta esto.
  14. tuki

tuki Forista Senior

Me Gusta:
    Equisdede (xDD), me temo que tampoco faquea ni focka mucho por aquí. xD

Compartir esta página